As part of the SeaDataNet CDI data discovery and access services, data sets are accessible to users via download services. Data sets are then delivered in common data transport formats, which interact with other SeaDataNet standards (Vocabularies, Quality Flag Scale) and SeaDataNet analysis & presentation tools (ODV, DIVA).
Depending on their local data management configuration, data centres might be required to pre-process their in-house data files from their own formats to the SeaDataNet data formats. To support data centres for this conversion, SeaDataNet is providing NEMO software as a useful tool (written in java). NEMO enables conversion from any type of ASCII format to the SeaDataNet ODV and Medatlas ASCII formats as well as the SeaDataNet NetCDF (CF) format (for timeseries, profiles and trajectories observations) . NEMO makes use of the Common Vocabularies and EDMO directory. The latter are each time synchronised by online connections to the respective Web Services on user demand.
NEMO software (V1.7.4) (22/06/2022)
- Add new format versions (BODV, MODV, SODV) in CDI summary file.
- Include Octopus 1.8.0 libraries taking into account the SODV format.
- Update CSR service URLs.
- Show CSR list update status in update window.
- Change labels related to BSH CSRs.
NEMO software (V1.7.3) (19/01/2022)
- Add a new SDN QC flag: B (nominal value)
- Bugs corrections:
- Fix problems with CSV-type input file while trying to convert them in MEDATLAS.
- Fix sorting problems for ODV and MEDATLAS trajectories.
- Update log4j to version 2.17.1 (security issue).
- Include Octopus 1.7.1 libraries taking into account the Log4j security issue.
Examples of input files, NEMO models and output files converted with NEMO :
See NEMO presentation:
and corresponding video.
NEMO is fit for use on Windows and Unix platforms. NEMO has been initiated and is now further developed as part of SeaDataNet by partner IFREMER