MIKADO is a software tool, written in Java, which enables data centres to prepare XML metadata files for the SeaDataNet directories EDMED, CSR, EDMERP, CDI and EDIOS. Data centres can prepare XML entries manually or can generate XML entries automatically by interfacing with local databases. MIKADO also enables data centres to manage XML entries as a local collection.
MIKADO uses the latest SeaDataNet XML Schema's and makes use of the Common Vocabularies, EDMO and EDMERP directories. The latter are each time synchronised by online connections to the respective Web Services on user demand.
MIKADO is fit for use on Unix and Windows platforms. The development of MIKADO is performed by IFREMER.
The latest version of MIKADO is available supporting NVS 2.0 in all directories and the new INSPIRE compliant CDI and CSR Schemas and XML formats.
MIKADO software (V3.6.4)
- Manual/Download/EDMED from BODC is now in https
- for CDI : L08 Access Restrictions are reduced to shorter list
- CB Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International
- RS by negotiation
- mikado performs conversion in manual mode when you just open the file and save it again
- mikado performs conversion in automatic mode with old configurations for compatibility
- The CSR reference list is completed with https://csr.seadatanet.org/isoCodelists/csrCodeList.xml for cruises not found in https://seadata.bsh.de/isoCodelists/sdnCodelists/csrCodeList.xml
- Automatic/New/CDI from NEMO export : a Relocate Nemo Export button added in Connection tab to change Nemo Export location in automatic configuration file (to use if you moved the Nemo Export)
- Automatic/CDI/batch mode : nemo-export= added as an alternative to conf-file= to directly generate CDI from Nemo export
See a shorter presentation of MIKADO:
and corresponding video.