OCTOPUS is a multi-format Checker, Converter and Splitter tool.
- OCTOPUS checks the compliance of a file to the SeaDataNet ODV, netCDF and MedAtlas standard formats The cheks for ODV and netCDF are described in the FAQ section.
- OCTOPUS converts files in a given SeaDataNet format to another SeaDataNet format (e.g.: ODV to netCDF, netCDF to ODV, MedAtlas to NetCDF, MedAtlas to ODV)
- OCTOPUS checks the ODV SDN variant formats for biology, microlitter and flow cytometry, it can converts them from ODV variant to ODV variant
- OCTOPUS checks the SeaDataNet netCDF format for HF-Radar, no conversion are possible for this format.
- OCTOPUS has also additional functions such as:
- Split a multi-station SeaDataNet file into mono-station SeaDataNet files
- Extract station(s) from SeaDataNet files
- Convert MGD v81 and v98 to SeaDataNet ODV files
- Convert EGO glider files to netCDF (CFPOINT) format
The following conversions are handled by OCTOPUS:
The Octopus software interface is bilingual (English/French) and the software is fit for use on several platforms : Windows and Linux..
OCTOPUS version 1.7.0 (07/10/2021)
- Conversion of EGO1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 glider files to SeaDataNet netCDF (CFPoint) format.
- Use of "BODV" and "MODV" formats in the coupling table.
- More information in the log when updating vocabularies.
- Message in the log on external error (e.g. if a time-out occurs during the vocabulary update).
- "Update lists" button changed to "Update vocabularies" in the "Settings" window.
- Check that unit P06::TISO is used for P01::ENDX8601.
- Conversion from MedAtlas to ODV: the station comments are kept.
- Corrections de labels, messages, typos, ...
OCTOPUS version 1.6.0 (08/01/2021)
- Addition of a checker for SeaDataNet HF-Radar files (NetCDF).
- Fix a problem on ExternalResourcesManager, that blocked the batch mode.
- Medatlas -> CFPoint conversion: automatically update C17 labels from BODC vocabs.
- Partially upgrade to Java 8 Time library to fix datetime handling.
- Fix datetime management for MGD77 files.
- Handle new L20 value.
- Detect multiple parameters for same P09 in multistation Medatlas files (those should be splitted before conversion).
- Fixes on labels, messages, typos,
OCTOPUS user manual
See OCTOPUS presentation (the presentation was done in May 2017, on OCTOPUS version 1.2):
and corresponding video.