OCTOPUS is a multi-format Checker, Converter and Splitter tool.
- OCTOPUS checks the compliance of a file to the SeaDataNet ODV, netCDF and MedAtlas standard formats. The cheks for ODV and netCDF are described in the FAQ section
- OCTOPUS converts files in a given SeaDataNet format to another SeaDataNet format (e.g.: ODV to netCDF, netCDF to ODV, MedAtlas to NetCDF, MedAtlas to ODV)
- OCTOPUS checks the ODV SDN variant formats for biology, microlitter and flow cytometry, it can converts them from ODV variant to ODV variant
- OCTOPUS has also additional functions such as:
- Split a multi-station SeaDataNet file into mono-station SeaDataNet files
- Extract station(s) from SeaDataNet files
- Convert MGD v81 and v98 to SeaDataNet ODV files
The following conversions are handled by OCTOPUS:
The Octopus software interface is bilingual (English/French) and the software is fit for use on several platforms : Windows and Linux..
OCTOPUS version 184.108.40.206 (16/04/2020)
- Update URLs for CDIs, CSRs and NERC vocabularies
- Allow DPSF P09 parameter as depth below sea surface in MedAtlas files (e.g. core data)
- Allow exception for ODV files with empty vertical reference (e.g. navigation, contaminants in biota files). These files must contain the following comment in the ODV header: //SeaDataNet file without vertical reference
OCTOPUS version 220.127.116.11 (29/11/2019)
- in ODV format, bottom depth default value set to empty instead of 0
- Conversion MGD to ODV: Change the order of the depth parameter
- Use XXXX P06 unit instead of UUUU for text parameters
- Display variant in the string "Generated By" created by Octopus in the output file
- Allow usage of the same P01 parameter multiple times in a file (an index is added to the netCDF variable names if needed)
See OCTOPUS presentation (the presentation was done in May 2017, on OCTOPUS version 1.2):
and corresponding video.