One of SeaDataCloud's main objectives and challenges is to provide stable and efficient access to data resources managed by distributed data centres. This is achieved by the connection to the EUDAT Cloud which is now the third part of the SeaDataNet infrastructure.
The Replication Manager (RM) was developed as a Java tool to replace the Download Manager (DM). It can be used on both Windows and Unix platforms. The Replication Manager is maintained by SeaDataNet partner IFREMER together with EUDAT partners (DKRZ, GRNET, CINECA, CSC, STFC), responsible for the Cloud, and partner MARIS, who is responsible for developping the Request Status Manager service and ensuring that the 3 components work well together.
The last version of the Replication Manager is 1.0.44.
Replication Manager - Installation manual
The installation manual describes all steps necessary to install and connect to the central system.
Replication Manager - User manual
The user manual describes how to prepare your data for download by the Replication Manager, it also gives information about how to check the conformity of the coupling table and the consistency between the coupling table and the CDI metadata catalogue.
Please contact the CDI system coordinator MARIS for support on installation and configuration and to initialize the connection to the central system.
WARNING: External users do not need to install it to download data. This software is only used by data centres or data focal points connected to the SeaDataNet infrastructure.
version 1.0.44 (31/01/2020)
- fix error on restricted requests for more than 500 different local_cdi_ids (50020)
- restricted data orders: fix database parsing and data objects storage (50154)
- fix error without consequences occuring on batches with only restricted data (50139)
- fix “No suitable driver found” error when a batch is submitted (50238)
- fix error that can occur when batches are submitted while previous ones in the queue are not terminated (50172)
- fix possible error when cleaning directories at the end of the workflow (50390)
version 1.0.43 (06/12/2019)
- fix maris address in log message
version 1.0.42 (05/12/2019)
- RM configuration : set configuration status to warning if connection to coupling is not valid
- do not try to convert ODV files from modus 2 to CFPoint if ODV file is invalid
- fix unclosed modus 2 database connections (49895)
- subset database requests when select local cdi ids in a list (oracle limit is 1000 -> use 500) (49897)
- Do not display warning if coupling entry is not in catlog during population with restricted catalog (49901)
- refresh BODC versions after reload (49899)
version 1.0.41 (20/11/2019)
- Bug on synchronization - unexpected db reset (49307)
- Modus 2: Bot. Depth default value set to empty instead of 0 (48252)
- Some errors raised by Octopus checks were not taken into account (49306)
- fix population: do not search for duplicates during inserts (49564)
- fix memory leaks risks - update unirest library to version 3
- Population continues even if errors occurs (files in error are not populated)
- Population can terminate with errors (49630)
- Add test_mode in /status RM API endpoint response
- Log pattern: during population, display current / total element number
- Log pattern: remove method/line number info (increase performance)
- Increase population performance by increase buffer/commit size (49563)
- Increase population and check performances by keeping the coupling in memory
- Add details on modus 1 error (case of error in file copy) (49566)
- Mode restricted only: the population creates only restricted local_cdi_ids; unrestricted data submitted in the batches are not stored neither (49352)
- Add population lock: population is never allowed, unless the "allow_population" function is called by Maris. Population is locked as it is run.